THE WEATHER IN BENIDORM NOW

17

05:40 AM

TIME IN BENIDORM

ºC

TEMPERATURA

ACTUAL

km/h

WIND DIRECTION AND SPEED

%

CHANCE OF SHOWERS

SELECT A PORTAL

CITIZEN

Information to live in the city

COMMUNICATION

Press, Radio and TV

FILM OFFICE

Office of filming

SMART CITY

Indicators of our destination

FEDER FUNDS

Actions co-financed by the EU

CHOOSE YOUR PREFERENCES

SELECT A LANGUAGE FOR THIS COMPUTER OR DEVICE

Current size: 100%

ADJUST THE FONT SIZE
ADJUST THE CONTRAST SIZE

The plenary session will vote on a motion from the mayor that demands a quick solution from the Ministry and that affects the lack of information sent to the City Council

Benidorm will demand, once again, the completion of the pending works in the IES Pere Mª Orts i Bosch

24 May 2022
IES Pere Maria.

The plenary session of Benidorm City Council will vote next week on a motion by the mayor, Toni Pérez, to "demand the Generalitat Valenciana to complete the pending works at the IES Pere Mª Orts i Bosch"; some works that were paralyzed four years ago, just a few weeks after being resumed. As of today, as stated in the motion, from the City Council "we still do not know why said works were paralyzed and why they are not resumed or when they will be." Hence, the Corporation "demands a quick solution that ends once and for all with the situation that this infrastructure is experiencing and especially the educational community of the IES Pere Mª Orts i Bosch".

Already in 2018, coinciding with the last stoppage of the expansion works and at the request of the School Council of the IES itself, the plenary unanimously approved "to urge and demand that the Department of Education "as soon as possible" adopt the necessary measures for the causes that had motivated the suspension of the works will be solved "definitively and quickly", and in this way they will be resumed "with full safety and efficiency".

By then, the City Council had already proposed to the Ministry that the completion of the expansion works of the IES Pere Mª Orts i Bosch be included in the first Edificant Plan so that the local administration could take charge of its execution. A possibility, recalled the mayor, which was ruled out by the Ministry, assuring that "the resumption of these works was imminent" and that it would be the Generalitat that would execute them, something that has not been fulfilled to date.

The mayor has pointed out that "there are too many promises and too many unfulfilled announcements of the start of work on the educational community of the IES Pere Mª Orts i Bosch". And from there, he added, this new motion is raised in full, since "we cannot let the situation that the educational community, all those who work day by day in the centre, fall into oblivion. and the students of Pere Mª Orts i Bosch”.

A situation, he has stressed, that "every year that passes must logically be worse since the prefabricated classrooms that were installed are celebrating anniversaries and providing a service that will not be the most desirable after the time that has elapsed."

According to the documentation provided by the Conselleria at the beginning of 2017, 15% of the extension would be pending execution, given that the remaining 85% had been completed when the works were paralyzed for the first time due to the bankruptcy of the company awardee.

Audios relacionados
Corte voz 1 Toni Pérez
Audio file
Audios relacionados
Corte voz 2 Toni Pérez
Audio file
Audios relacionados
Corte voz 3 Toni Pérez
Audio file
Audios relacionados
Corte voz 4 Toni Pérez
Audio file
Audios relacionados
Corte voz 5 Toni Pérez
Audio file