THE WEATHER IN BENIDORM NOW

15

20:38 PM

TIME IN BENIDORM

17ºC

Cloudless sky

SW 10km/h

WIND DIRECTION AND SPEED

0%

CHANCE OF SHOWERS

SELECT A PORTAL

CITIZEN

Information to live in the city

COMMUNICATION

Press, Radio and TV

FILM OFFICE

Office of filming

SMART CITY

Indicators of our destination

EUROPEAN FUNDS

Actions co-financed by the EU

CHOOSE YOUR PREFERENCES

SELECT A LANGUAGE FOR THIS COMPUTER OR DEVICE

Current size: 100%

ADJUST THE FONT SIZE
ADJUST THE CONTRAST SIZE

Toni Pérez receives Mayor Andriy Kulchinsky, visits the Smart Office and the Department of Tourism, announcing the launch of the process that will culminate in the town twinning

The Ukrainian seaside resort of Truskavest is interested in Benidorm's tourism management model

06 July 2022
Visita Alcalde Ucrania

The mayor of Benidorm, Toni Pérez, received this morning the president of the Municipal Council and mayor of Truskavets, Andriy Kulchynskiy, accompanied by the Ukrainian consul, Pablo Gil, and consular staff.

In the Mayor's Office, they have discussed aspects of the Ukrainian town and its link to Central European spa tourism for 195 years. Truskavest has a plant of 90 hotels, 25 of which have their thermal spa, as well as an important accommodation offer in apartments and villas. Until the Russian invasion and the war, the Ukrainian spa city received an annual average of 200,000 tourists, 70% of whom came from Ukraine itself and the remaining 30% mainly from Poland, Belarus, Azerbaijan and Russia.

Currently, due to its accommodation capacity, the town has become a refuge city, due to its proximity to the Polish border and being outside the Russian bombing and very far from the eastern front, with a very high number of displaced persons that complicate municipal management. of the locality.

To improve governance and sustainability, this first contact has been developed and Mayor Kulchinsky has been especially interested in the DTI management of the municipality, the oversize of the provision of services and the tourist singularities of the city.

Toni Pérez, who later accompanied him on the visit to the Smart Office and El Torrejó municipal building, headquarters of the Department of Tourism and Benidorm Tourism Foundation, has been interested in the tourist particularities of Truskavets and has stated that he is predisposed "to start the administrative process that leads to the signing of the twinning between both tourist cities” pointing out that “although the models are different, the problems are common” and “the experience of Benidorm can be very interesting to help in the implementation of governance and more effective management” in the Ukrainian municipal council.

Both municipalities are willing to develop socio-economic collaboration between the two cities, organize business meetings and subsequent coordination of common objectives, priorities, tasks and measures regarding the effective development of the productive forces of both communities, as well as the rational use of the potential resources of both, the creation of comfortable living conditions for the population and the improvement of the territorial organization of society.

The collaboration would materialize in the sectors where both Benidorm and Truskavest are leaders: the tourism sector, balneotherapy in its medical function and health protection, sustainability, innovation, universal accessibility and access to technology for the most effective management. It would be extended to culture and sports, focusing on participation in festivals, cultural events and sports competitions; reaching the education and science sector, and carrying out joint study programs through the execution of exchange projects between young people and teachers.

With the collaboration of the Consulate of Ukraine in the Valencian Community, they have been summoned to maintain the dialogue aimed at twinning. The Ukrainian delegation toured the city and its hotel facilities.