Conselleria grants 10,131 euros for the actions carried out by the Department of Historical Heritage in the conservation and storage of documentation
The Municipal Archive receives a grant to improve its facilities
The Municipal Archive of Benidorm City Council has received a grant of 10,131.32 euros from the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports of the Regional Goverment for the improvements recently carried out in its facilities. The Councilor for Historical Heritage, Ana Pellicer, explained that “this grant recognizes the investment and the work that is being carried out by the Department for the constant improvement of the Municipal Archive, both in the conservation of documentation and in its commitment to progressively bring it closer to citizens ”.
Pellicer has reported that "the full amount requested within the call has been achieved, which included three possible grant objects: digitization, restoration of historical documentation and improvement of archive facilities." "The City Council justified the investments made in this last area, focused on improving the environmental conditions of conservation and the furniture for storing the documentation," she has detailed.
The head of Historical Heritage has highlighted that "in addition to this investment to improve the facilities, the Archive staff continues to work on the digitization process of documentary collections, reaching more than 5,000 documents, files and tourist brochures in two years." "Part of these documents, some of the most relevant, are available on the municipal website for public consultation," she added.
Among this material published in the Archive section of the web are “the books of our Major Patron Festivities of the 40s and 50s that we keep, as well as the numbers of the Municipal Bulletin of the Villa published between 1959 and 1961 and the Book of Municipal Acts of 1732 ”. Also the copies of Revista de la Virgen del Sufragio published in 1929 and 1930; and the facsimile edition of Benidorm Town Charter, published by the Benidorm City Council in 1988, with a Spanish translation and extensive preliminary study by Rafael Alemany Ferrer, María Luísa Cabanes Catalá, Antonio Couto de Granja and José Hinojosa Montalvo.