Torre de Morales
The place where we are, bordering the town of Finestrat and known as "La Cala" has been part of the municipality of Benidorm from the XV century, but in the next two centuries was involved in countless lawsuits between neighboring municipalities, farmers and fishermen in the area.
In the drawing appears, between the town of Benidorm and Villajoyosa, the Camino Real that joined the two villages and a property with a tower whose owner was Morales. This is Cristobal Morales, a resident of Villajoyosa, whose lands were bargaining chip in establishing the limits of the three populations and eventually it was resolved leaving the property in the hands of Benidorm and the area closest to the sea in the hands of Villajoyosa.
The tower is the typical construction to defence the population in a strategic location along Camino Real, near the beach and drinking water, and in a historical moment characterized by the continuous attacks of pirates.
Soler ordered to build this tower in the year 1777. We can see the inscription on one side. May be in that time due to the custom, the owner of a property did some work and attributed to himself the construction, although this tower is documented previously.