The action has an IDAE grant of 504,297 euros, 48% of the total
Benidorm approves projects to install 1,364 photovoltaic panels for self-consumption in 12 public buildings
The City Council, which will assume the rest of the investment, calculates a reduction of 375 tons per year in CO2 emissions
Yesterday the Local Government Board (JGL) approved the photovoltaic installation projects for self-consumption in municipal buildings, which will involve the installation of 1,364 photovoltaic panels in eight schools in the city and four other public buildings. An action that has a grant from the Institute for Energy Diversification and Saving (IDAE), is dependent on the Ministry of Ecological Transition.
The grant amounts to 504,297.46 euros and represents 48% of the cost of the project. The City Council assumes the remaining 52% of the action, whose total investment is 1,045,450.06 euros.
The installation of the plate framework will start when the bidding procedure is finished. The intention, however, is "to take advantage of the lack of school activity during the summer vacation break to start the installation in schools" explained the mayor Toni Pérez.
The photovoltaic panels will be installed in the CEIP El Murtal, Bautista Lledó, La Cala, Mestre Gaspar López, Miguel Hernández, Sierra Helada, Núñez de Balboa and Els Tolls. Likewise, the installation of these modules will also be carried out in the Les Fontanelles Municipal Nursery School, the Drinking Water Treatment Station (ETAP), and the Palau d'Esports L'Illa de Benidorm, expanding the number of those already existing, and the Center Social The Turret.
The mayor has indicated that this project "reaffirms our commitment to the 2030 Agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals, with sustainability". In this case, he continued, "we do it through the use of renewable energies and the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions".
Pérez has specified that once the installation of the 1,364 modules planned in the dozen public buildings indicated has been completed, "we will be able to reduce CO2 emissions by more than 375 tons per year", a figure that the mayor has described as "very important ” and that is added to “the decrease in emissions obtained in other actions already carried out or that will be implemented in the short and medium-term”.
The total nominal power installed when the intervention ends will be 457 kW, which will produce approximately 750,000 kW/h. The facilities at each centre will have high-performance modules, power optimizers and a photovoltaic field monitoring and management system.