CITIZEN

THE WEATHER IN BENIDORM NOW

22

09:06 AM

TIME IN BENIDORM

19ºC

Partly cloudy

SW 30km/h

WIND DIRECTION AND SPEED

0%

CHANCE OF SHOWERS

SELECT A PORTAL

CITIZEN

Information to live in the city

COMMUNICATION

Press, Radio and TV

FILM OFFICE

Office of filming

SMART CITY

Indicators of our destination

EUROPEAN FUNDS

Actions co-financed by the EU

CHOOSE YOUR PREFERENCES

SELECT A LANGUAGE FOR THIS COMPUTER OR DEVICE

Current size: 100%

ADJUST THE FONT SIZE
ADJUST THE CONTRAST SIZE

The partial plan reserves two endowment plots for future educational use with a total area of 13,917 square meters

The Department of Education reports favorably on the development of the Ensanche Levante plan

13 October 2023
Ensanche de Levante

The Partial Plan 1/1 Ensanche Levante of Benidorm has received a new favorable report that paves the way for the urban development of this sector. In this case, the endorsement comes from the Department of Education, Universities and Employment of the Generalitat Valenciana, through the General Directorate of Educational Infrastructures, which has given the green light to it in educational matters, after studying the documentation sent by the City Council, as reported by the Councilor for Urban Planning, Lourdes Caselles. The councilor has indicated that this report "adds to all those that the partial plan has been compiling in a favorable sense from different administrations since the proposal proposed by the Urban Interest Group (AIU) began to be processed", for which she has considered as “very positive” this new boost for the sector.

The Ensanche Levante plan covers an area of 560,000 square meters of land, in what Caselles has defined as the "most important sector of Benidorm in terms of surface area included in the 1990 General Plan still pending development." Of the total surface, it reserves 65% of land for public facilities and green areas, while the remaining 35% is reserved for the construction of residential, tourist homes, and hotels distributed in towers with a minimum height of 20 floors, therefore “the vertical city model that defines us and that has made us an example of sustainability,” the councilor recalled.

Among the plots planned for public facilities, the project reserves two of them for future educational uses, with a total area of 13,917.30 square meters. That is where the Department of Education supports the development of the plan, considering that, according to all the documentation provided by the Consistory and studied by its technicians, “it is shown that the Partial Plan covers its own educational needs in terms of Early Childhood Education and Primary with an educational plot of 5,500 square meters, and as for ESO, Baccalaureate, and Vocational Training Cycles with a plot of 7,000 square meters. For this purpose, the report adds, two educational plots are planned, totaling an area of 13,917.30 square meters.

The report, likewise, is in favor of the location chosen for the land that will house these future educational uses, which the plan justifies by “facilitating immediate and pedestrian access, especially to the plots intended for protected housing, through networks of pedestrian roads and green areas, sized to guarantee the best sustainable mobility and endorsed by the gender report” or by “optimizing communication with other parts of the city, minimizing bus and private traffic within the sector and the provision of public transportation in its proximity.” Likewise, it has also been taken into account that “the acoustic study does not foresee any acoustic effects, without prejudice to the possible adoption of corrective measures to further reduce the incidence”; that “it is located 100-150 meters from the Central Endowment Hub (green area and sector facilities) and perfectly connected through green and pedestrian spaces”; and that “it is precisely in the area where the height of the neighboring buildings will have less impact on the projection of shadows.”

Finally, the report also considers that Ensanche Levante complies with the urban planning regulations applicable to teaching land in other aspects. Among them, because "the parking reservation is provided for in the General Plan and is presumed very feasible to comply with due to the size of the planned plots" or that "the use of public parking linked to the teaching activity of the land will be admissible."