Normality on the first day of Phase 1 in Benidorm

According to ABRECA data, 10% of bars, restaurants and cafes have resumed activity, with an unequal distribution in tourist and residential areas
0
0
Normality on the first day of Phase 1 in Benidorm.
Normality on the first day of Phase 1 in Benidorm.

80% of traditional commerce has opened its doors and 10% of tourism sector

Normality has been the dominant trend on the first day of Phase 1 of the restrictions lifting in Benidorm, according to the Mayor, Toni Pérez. According to data collected by the City Council from the hospitality employers, Abreca, this Monday, 10% of bars, restaurants and cafes have resumed activity, with an uneven distribution among the most tourist and residential areas.

Toni Pérez has appealed "to the responsibility of everyone, to the individual responsibility of individuals and also to employers and workers"; and added that "in both senses we must be scrupulous when demanding compliance with health regulations." "We hope that the degree of compliance in terms of capacity of premises and distances is met and that, as a consequence, normality will continue to reign and that this 1st Phase can proceed as expected. We have not gained anything and we must be very aware that if we are in phase 1 it is due to the effort of our health workers, the work of basic and essential services and the confinement, exemplary so far, of the people in Benidorm. ” .

The Independent Association of Merchants of Benidorm, AICO, has taken stock of this first day. The association has recalled that 60% of Benidorm's trade is tourist and the remaining 40% traditional, including in this last section hairdressers. Based on this distinction, AICO has transferred to the City Council that today 80% of traditional shops have opened their doors; and 10% of those belonging to the tourist category. In all cases, the sanitary guidelines regarding hygiene and capacity have been met.

On the other hand, the mayor has indicated that in recent days "through the Municipal Cleaning Service, the accesses and / or terraces of more than 500 establishments in the city have been disinfected, including bars, restaurants, cafes and shops". A service that the City Council has provided free of charge through the concessionaire of Street Cleaning, Promotion of Constructions and Contracts, and which has also reached places of worship that today have also reopened their doors. Toni Pérez recalled that these disinfection tasks are added to those carried out daily in public spaces, affecting essential facilities such as public buildings, health and hospital centers, supermarkets, pharmacies, banks or tobacconists. This daily disinfection of public roads also pays special attention to urban furniture.